If you are curious about how many carbs are in a banana, this article will answer this question. Banana is one of the popular fruits across the world. The lovers are not only humans, but also animals. What is the content of this special fruit?
There are so many types banana in this world. A green banana owns more starch. We prefer the ripen ones because it is able to provide more sugars as well as the carbohydrates.
How to Measure the Carbs
All bananas have their own weight and height from outside. In nutritional point, they are all the same. In calorie perspective, it depends on its size. Normal banana is generally about a hundred calories. We cannot just measure how many carbs are in a banana with our naked eye. Carbs mean the carbohydrate inside the ripened banana. This substance is very important for our body. It also becomes one of the reasons why banana is so popular among athletes. To know the numbers of carbs of a banana, it must be peeled firstly.
We provided the banana chart in order to make you have more enlightenments of how many carbs are in a banana. They are as follow:
- Small banana (approximately 6 to 7 inches, and 101 grams owns 23 carbohydrates and 90 calories
- Medium banana (approximately 7 to 8 inches, 118 grams): 105 calories and 27 carbohydrates
- Large banana (approximately 8 to 9 inches, 136 grams) owns31 carbohydrates and 121 calories
- Sliced banana in a cup, approximately 150 grams owns 134 calories, and 34.2 carbohydrates
- Mashed banana a cup, approximately 225 grams owns 200 calories, 51.3 carbohydrates
Banana Chocolate Chip Recipe
Here is a chocolate chip banana bread recipe to complete your day in studying how many carbs are in a banana. This recipe only takes an hour and a half, which will be served for ten servings. The approximately calories are 378 cals.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (150 carbs)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Do you know how many carbs in an banana? If you really care with what you eat every day, such question will be your daily thing to answer. Unfortunately, not all people love to eat banana. They either don’t know the benefits or just hate this popular fruit.
If you are now in a dilemmatic situation whether or not to eat banana, you should read this article thoroughly. We will define why banana is important and how many carbs in an banana for you. Most people are fearful to consume banana these days. Those questions may help them to understand the truth behind this yellow and lengthy fruit.
Here is the truth of banana
There was a research from the Appalachian State University. The researchers compared the nutrients inside bananas and a sport drinks so that we would know which one is better. The research was conducted in intense cycling. The result shows that bananas offer more advantages than a sport drink. In addition, this fruit also provides more nutrients and natural sugar for human’s body. Not only laboratory test, but also taking blood samples from trained cyclists was taken. The result shows the cyclists with bananas in their stomach had experienced greater performance and mood than drinking a sport drink.
From this research, how many carbs in an banana are really good for our metabolism. The natural sugar in the carbs doesn’t spark our insulin too much, while a sport drink comes with unnatural sugar instead. Moreover, the cyclists felt more moody to move their bicycle. This happened because of the calories inside the banana. How many calories in a banana also give our mood normal in natural way. This indicates that banana can be a very good snack when we really need to boost our energy. This is also the reason why athletes love consuming bananas in their competitive matches.
However, bananas aren’t only best for athletes surely. Many people who have no relation with athletic area would like to make some recipes with bananas as the main ingredients. Mostly, they create banana snack. This is caused by the carbs. For your information, bananas offer many carbs per bite rather than other fruits. You shouldn’t shun them before eating your diet program because they are lower in water. In addition, bananas are full with potassium that is helpful for condensing blood pressure. Potassium is also perfect to keep the muscle on the right track.
Tips on Choosing Banana
The carbohydrate intakes must be managed because carb overload isn’t good for our body. It will increase diabetes and even cancer. To choose the best bananas, pick the baby banana. It is the ones that have small size as well as your fingers. In specific measurement, it is about five inches.
The truth behind how many carbs in an banana has been revealed. What do you think? Do you prefer eating this fruit now? Of course, you need to start healthy life style through your diet firstly. Then, your low-carb diet will have greater chance to be successful.
There are so many different types of healthy breakfast smoothie recipes that you can try at home, especially if you are thinking about improving your health while losing weight at the same time. If you think that smoothies won’t be fulfilling because of their natural form (a lot of people do) then you are hugely mistaken. You’d be surprised to know the healthy benefits as well as the fulfilling effect of the beverage.
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes: The Major Functions
So, what’s so special about the healthy breakfast smoothie recipes, anyway? Well, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It would be the element that sets up the basic foundation of your healthy regime and routine. If you are trying to lose weight or you are trying to have a healthier lifestyle, having a smoothie is one of the best options you can make. Smoothie is made from natural and mostly organic substances, and it is packed up with all the important minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. And don’t get me wrong; the smoothie can be fulfilling. When you choose the right ingredients, a glass of it will keep you full until lunch time.
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes: Some of Them
When you want to improve your health, there are some recipes that you should try. For instance, the spinach and blueberry smoothie can be a great way to fill you up. From the ingredients alone, you should be able to guess all of the healthy contents. Blueberries are known for the impressive fibrous contents and the high level of antioxidants. Not to mention that they are low in calories and they have high levels of vitamins (K,C, and E). And when you add it with the spinach, you will definitely gain the best outcome only. This is one of the handy and healthy breakfast smoothie recipes that you can try.
Of course, there are still more healthy breakfast smoothie recipes to try, such as:
- Almond smoothie. Having coconut milk, or the almond milk, will be good. And when you can mix it up with protein powder or nut butter, it would be even better. The taste is nice and refreshing – and it is certainly healthy. Making one is easy so you don’t need to deal with the fuss every morning.
- Banana strawberry oatmeal smoothie. You can see from the combination only that it is super healthy. The fiber from oatmeal and banana will help your digestive system. The vitamin C from the strawberry will provide your need. Use fresh fruits so you can enjoy the fibrous content and avoid the additional sugar. After all, banana is known for its potassium, one of the most important minerals your body needs.
- Jelly protein and peanut butter smoothie. You probably think that peanut butter can’t be turned into a drink. Well, guess what? You are wrong! This smoothie is actually good, and the protein will make you satiated to lunch time.
There are still many other recipes out there – some of them may right up your alley. Be sure to choose the right healthy breakfast smoothie recipes for you and have fun every morning!
Have you ever heard such thing as the best fast food salad? You probably think, what a contradictive claim! It is salad and yet it is included as a fast food. Well, actually, the salad comes from fast food joints with the idea that they aren’t only providing the greasy and unhealthy, calorie-packed foods but they also provide the healthier choices. What should you know about these salads? Are they truly healthy or is it just your wishes and imagination of having the less-calorie foods?
Best Fast Food Salad: The Facts
In terms of choosing the best fast food salad, you need to carefully and smartly choose the right options. Just because salads are mostly consisting of green veggies and fruits, it doesn’t always mean that they are healthier – not if you choose the wrong type of dressings and toppings. If you still go for the mayo, cheese-packed dressings, forget that you are eating healthily. You are actually taking in the same calories as eating those burgers and fries. If you really want to choose the healthy salad, careful option should be made.
Best Fast Food Salad: What Are Your Options?
But don’t you worry as there ARE some of the best fast food salad options from some of the popular fast food joints. They are truly healthy – not just the claim that they are beneficial for your health. They are made with the right ingredients and careful arrangement in the healthy eating regime. So, what are they?
- Turkey Roast Farmhouse Salad from Arby’s. This is one of the healthiest and yet tastiest salad every made – and the great thing is, it only packs 230 calories with total fat only 13 gram. They use different kinds of green lettuce for the fresh and crunchy taste. And thanks to the combination of tomatoes, pieces of roasted turkey, cheddar cheese, and pepper bacon, this salad isn’t awful. In fact, it is super nice.
- Grilled Chicken Original Salad from Carl’s Jr. It has a total calories of 280 with 12 grams of fat. Who can say no to Carl’s Jr.? This salad is super nice. Sure, their superior grilled chicken is certainly tasty. But would you be surprised to know that the veggies are the true winner? The onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers aren’t only fresh but super delicious. You would want to have more and more and more.
- Grilled Chicken Southwest Salad from McDonald. With 12 grams of fat and 350 calories, this salad is fulfilling and refreshing. It has a nice mix of kale and spinach, as well as the grilled chicken for additional flavor. And they have a lime wedge, black beans, cheddar cheese (and also jack cheese), and tomatoes to give it the right punch.
Of course, your options for the best fast food salad doesn’t stop there as you can expect the Grilled Chicken option from Jack in the Box (having 245 calories) or the Steak Salad from Chipotle (having 220 calories). The options are truly limitless!
If you want to, you can try to alternate the various different options. After all, going to the fast food joints doesn’t always mean bad. With these best fast food salad, you can expect a healthier consumption.
When you hear something like the best fast food burger, you want to make sure that it is also best for your health – and it is not always an easy feat because fast food is always identical with grease, trans fat, and high cholesterol. However, don’t give out hope just yet because there are some of the best and also healthiest options, if you want to take a closer look. If you know which burger joint to turn to, you should be okay.
Best Fast Food Burger: The Misleading Concept
Nowadays, when you talk about the best fast food burger, you won’t be talking about the healthiest meal ever because you know that these burgers may have gone through unhealthy processing methods involving fat, grease, and other unhealthy substances. In the old days, having a burger can be actually healthy. With the regular sized bun with a meat patty and some of the veggies like tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and others, a burger is a great source of protein. Unfortunately, as time goes by, the ideal burger has been transformed into something big and commercial. They are made bigger, with more grease and calories.
However, it is a good thing that some of the fast food joints keep their logic straight by still having some of these healthy options. These menus may not be the healthiest fast food breakfast that you should try every day. But if you can manage your diet, and you can have them once in a while, it is possible that they keep you feeling full for longer period of time. You can still include them in your weight loss diet as long as you can manage your diet menu and later consumption carefully and smartly.
Best Fast Food Burger: Some of the Options
Here are some of the best fast food burger that you can consider for your consumption:
- ButterBugger from Culver. This Midwestern fast food joint chain has the buttered bun that is lightly toasted with 100% pure ground beef patty. They don’t use the butter flavored spread; they use real butter to improve the taste. Because they toast the burger, it comes with a nice brownish color and crispy taste. A burger has 390 calories with 570 mg of sodium, 20 gram of protein, 17 gram of fat, and 39 gram of carbs.
- Original Whataburger from Whataburger. Unlike the other burgers that have created their double patty bun, this Texas’ fast food joint comes with a single patty packed with fibrous contents – especially from their onions, pickles, tomatoes, and lettuce. This is one of the fast food joints where everything can be customized as they won’t pre-prepare anything before. So, if you want extra tomatoes or mayo, you can have it without fuss. A burger contains 590 calories with 1,220 mg of sodium, 29 gram of protein, 25 gram of fat, and 62 gram of carbs
Another option for the best fast food burger is Dave’s Single from Wendy’s. It’s a burger worth fighting for with the burger, cheese slices, and also the veggies. If you choose salad as the side dish, you can enjoy the healthy fibrous benefit.
These are just examples of the options for the tasty as well as the healthy burger. As long as you can manage your consumption, having these best fast food burger is worth it.
Read more : Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie
Is such thing as the weight loss breakfast smoothie really working? Well, it is, if you choose the right ingredients and you are dedicated in consuming one. Breakfast smoothie isn’t only good to help you lose weight but also to improve your overall health. If you can make a lifestyle change by choosing the right consumption, then you won’t have to worry about your health anymore.
Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie: Managing the Daily Consumption
You are probably wondering, is it possible to have a combination of veggies and fruits for breakfast and then have a fulfilling effect? Why not? In fact, the combo is proven not only healthy but also fulfilling. It’s because they are packed with fiber and protein – both of them are responsible for the fulfilling effect. With these substances, you can be full for longer period of time and not be tempted to snack or binge. That’s why the weight loss breakfast smoothie is considered as one of the healthiest fast food breakfast you can fix on a daily basis – in terms that fixing such a smoothie is fast; it doesn’t take forever.
Another advantage of having this weight loss breakfast smoothie is the fact that they may be fulfilling but they won’t cause you feeling bloated or too full. When you consume breakfast packed with carbs, meat, and eggs, you may feel full – but only for a while. You will then feel sleepy and less energized because your blood sugar is spiking high – causing you to be drowsy and sleepy. That’s why it is better to have the fruity (and veggie) smoothie than the full breakfast packed with carbs.
Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie: How to Make the Healthy Smoothie
There are some ways to make the smoothie properly and correctly. What are they?
- It is better to add the ingredients one by one instead of mixing them all together. Place one ingredient first and wait until it blends well before adding another one.
- For the fruits, there are two different options: the frozen fruit or the fresh one (and then you freeze it). Be sure to use the organic one.
- It is okay to mix the fruit and veggie together but it would be best if you can find out which pair would be the best.
- If you want to make a cold smoothie, you can add half a cup of ice cube. Put it into the blender the last.
- It would be to avoid using extra sugar. You want to enjoy the smoothie in its natural taste. Adding sweetener will only ruin it and add up the calorie.
Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie: Some Options
Here are some of the weight loss breakfast smoothie recipes to make:
- Cream and peach oatmeal smoothie. Peach, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla extract can be blended together and then you can enjoy it.
- Mango Coconut smoothie. Coconut milk, coconut flake, chia seed, and fresh mango can be mixed together. It would be better to soak the chia seed in a jar overnight before mixing it up.
Those are just some examples of the healthy smoothie for breakfast. There are plenty of them out there; you only need to find out more about the perfect weight loss breakfast smoothie for you.
Is it possible to have such thing as the best fast food breakfast? When you hear about fast food, you probably have related it to the idea of unhealthy eating menu and options. But there are actually some promising –and they are quite tasty, really – breakfast menu from some of the well known fast food joints. They aren’t only healthy but also tasty, so it is like the win-win solution for everyone. When you come to these joints, you don’t have to worry about anything anymore. Enjoy the breakfast and get ready for the whole day!
Best Fast Food Breakfast: Some of the Options
One of the best fast food breakfast menus is the Quinoa Oatmeal, Panera. It has the combination of being nutritious and also tasty. Everyone knows that oatmeal is super rich in vitamins and minerals and it is Quinoa, one of the best oatmeal. You can really enjoy the fibrous meal without doubt. You can find this menu at Breakfast Favorites, with total 290 calories so it is not too low and yet not too high either. Thanks to the 8 gram protein, it can fill you up and make you stay full to lunch time. It is also good to strengthen your muscles. It has 6 gram fat which is quite low and 51 gram carbohydrate, which is quite moderate but you may want to watch what you have for the snack time. It is packed with fiber and protein – a lethal combo that will improve your health while keeping your waist number small.
Another alternative for the best fast food breakfast is the cheese and egg sandwich. It has 360 calories but the good news is that it would be enough for your entire morning – and you won’t be too hungry for lunch. Who wouldn’t have a mouth watering moment to see the flatbread sandwich loaded with vegetables, cheese, and eggs? It is rich in protein, although it may be loaded with sodium. If you have heart issue, you may want to be careful about it. But the nutritional facts are obvious. 360 calories aren’t high – it is just right. With 19 gram protein, it will definitely fill you up and strengthen your muscles. It has a good combination of 12 grams fat which is pretty okay and 44 grams carbs that would fulfill 15% of the daily needs. But it has 860 milligram sodium which is more than half of the daily needs. It may not be the healthiest fast food breakfast but it does have its own perk.
Best Fast Food Breakfast: Other Alternatives
Of course, there are still other alternatives that you can choose for your daily needs. The Egg McMuffic, has 300 calories that will fulfill your morning needs just fine. Or you can also try the Feta and Spinach Wrap from Starbucks, having 290 calories. It is super tasty and nice – perfect for your morning coffee. If you prefer having juice, donuts, and also bread, go to Dunkin’ Donuts. They have this nice Egg White Flatbread with 280 calories. It is included in the best fast food breakfast list for a reason – you should try it!