Home » Posts tagged 'how many carbs are in a banana'
Tag Archives: how many carbs are in a banana
If you are curious about how many carbs are in a banana, this article will answer this question. Banana is one of the popular fruits across the world. The lovers are not only humans, but also animals. What is the content of this special fruit?
There are so many types banana in this world. A green banana owns more starch. We prefer the ripen ones because it is able to provide more sugars as well as the carbohydrates.
How to Measure the Carbs
All bananas have their own weight and height from outside. In nutritional point, they are all the same. In calorie perspective, it depends on its size. Normal banana is generally about a hundred calories. We cannot just measure how many carbs are in a banana with our naked eye. Carbs mean the carbohydrate inside the ripened banana. This substance is very important for our body. It also becomes one of the reasons why banana is so popular among athletes. To know the numbers of carbs of a banana, it must be peeled firstly.
We provided the banana chart in order to make you have more enlightenments of how many carbs are in a banana. They are as follow:
- Small banana (approximately 6 to 7 inches, and 101 grams owns 23 carbohydrates and 90 calories
- Medium banana (approximately 7 to 8 inches, 118 grams): 105 calories and 27 carbohydrates
- Large banana (approximately 8 to 9 inches, 136 grams) owns31 carbohydrates and 121 calories
- Sliced banana in a cup, approximately 150 grams owns 134 calories, and 34.2 carbohydrates
- Mashed banana a cup, approximately 225 grams owns 200 calories, 51.3 carbohydrates
Banana Chocolate Chip Recipe
Here is a chocolate chip banana bread recipe to complete your day in studying how many carbs are in a banana. This recipe only takes an hour and a half, which will be served for ten servings. The approximately calories are 378 cals.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (150 carbs)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips